PayPal mobile app for Android has just got the new “Mobile Check Capture” feature that allows the users to take a picture of a check using their smartphone’s camera from which the app immediately recognizes all the essentials details like check number, amount, routing number etc. The check will be processed and the funds will be directly deposited to your PayPal account. This feature was only available for iPhone and BlackBerry users until now but the company has decided to let the feature roll out to the ever growing Android based smartphones. Mobile Check Capture was announced in October 2010 for iPhone and since then on average about a million dollars per month have been deposited using the this feature, which the company claims to be a hit. The Mobile Check Capture feature in the PayPal app is powered by BankServ incorporated with the mobile Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) technology.
The improvements in the new Android PayPal app also include the ability to move the app onto a SD card to save your phone’s memory and the ability to find local business near you that accept PayPal payments.
Download PayPal App For Android:
You can now download the free PayPal app for your Android smartphone with the Mobile Check Capture feature from the Android Market (hit the link).
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon