It is quite funny for some people to hear this news now. Currently we are talking of the iPhone 5 being launched later this year and what happens in India is a big bang launch of iPhone 4. It has been an year now that it was initially launched in US and other countries, so the question is why it is always late in India?
Though it is quite late, it has made a big news in India, with iPhone everywhere in Billboards, TV ads, newspapers etc. carrying the only tag “The iPhone 4 has finally been launched in India”.
The Bharti Airtel and Aircel are charging 34,500 INR($750) for Apple iPhones 4 with a 16 GB capacity and 40,900 INR($900) for the 32 GB model which is quite high as compared to the iPhone in US available with a price tag of $199.99 for the 16GB model and $299.99 for the 32GB model. But the Indian mobile carriers have put up attractive offers to lure customers and we don’t know whether it’ll work.
To add more surprise to the year long delayed launch, it is reported that the India is the second-biggest market for mobile services with 811.59 million subscribers at the end of March, 2011 after China. It is also the fastest-growing. Which is why I am telling that places like India should not be treated as a dump zone or should be used for stock clearance sale kind of business, as there can be a lot of money involved in Indian markets which you may have never imagined.
Hoping to see the iPhone 5 launched in all places round the world with equal priority.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details