A few days ago, we’ve reported about the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS v1.0.5 update, which brings the enhanced Facebook app, brings in-app payments support, better video chat connectivity and more. BlackBerry is now rolling out another Over-The-Air (OTA) update v1.05.2342 for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to address a vulnerability (Vulnerability identifier: APSB11-13) identified by Adobe in its Flash player.
This update is a minor version update from the earlier v1.0.5 update that was released a few days ago. The latest update version 184.108.40.2062 holds the new version of Adobe Flash Player in it.
BlackBerry PlayBook tablet’s owners should be checking for a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook status ribbon, or else the users can head over to Menu –> Settings –> and check Software Updates for the latest update. The update is weighing at the size of 278MB. According to sources, Adobe Flash Player 10.3 should be hitting the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet very soon. However if you happened to purchase and activate a new BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after June 12th, the new OS version would come shipped along with the tablet.
Check out the Adobe security bulletin (hit the link) to know more about the vulnerability in the Flash Player.
[Source: BlackBerry Blog]
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details