Apple usually sells the unlocked iPhones in select countries across the world. But the catch here is Apple sells them at far more prices (a 16GB iPhone 4 for $900 for instance) than their corresponding original carrier-bound iPhone versions. However, unlocked iPhones sold directly via Apple have always been in great demand no matter wherever they’re sold because it gives the freedom to use any GSM network. But, if you are in the US, you know very well that you have to choose a network from AT&T (GSM) and Verizon (CDMA) to be able to use iPhone as it comes locked down to these network operators.
But it looks like the scenario is changing. According to new rumors swirling around the internet, Apple Stores in the USA would be getting unlocked versions of iPhone 4 starting this Wednesday, 15th June 2011. This news started from the Twitter account of @chronicwire, which electronista considers ‘certain’.
The tweet mentions that both the black and white models of iPhone 4 along with their model numbers: 16GB – MC603 (Black), MC604 (White); 32GB – MC605 (Black), MC606 (White). There’s no mention of iPhone 3GS though.
However, it should also be noted that the Twitter account @chronicwire from where this was first generated, was created only a week ago and has since been tweeting iPhone, MacBook and iOS leaks and rumors.
Are you excited about buying an unlocked iPhone ? If so, why? Let us know.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details