A couple of weeks ago, we’ve reported about the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update release for the Sprint’s HTC EVO 4G. Now it looks like its brother, the HTC EVO Shift 4G will soon get the update as well. Folks at Android Police have managed to get a Sprint’s internal document detailing the new features and enhancements in the update (version 2.76.651.4) along with the instructions to download the update. The OTA (over-the-air) update will available starting June 17th via manual update check. And the carrier will push the notifications for the availability of the update starting June 20th.
It has also been said that the the fix for the issues noticed in some HTC EVO 4G handsets after upgrading to the recent Gingerbread update will also be coming along with the Android 2.3 update for the HTC EVO Shift 4G. Keep checking Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update > Check Now > OK on your HTC EVO Shift 4G handsets starting June 17th as the update could be available anytime after that date or more conveniently you can also wait for the update notification to arrive on your handset instead of the manual check. Of course, we’ll keep you posted about the update roll out as usual.
[Via: Android Police]
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon