In late April, T-Mobile has released the Samsung-made Sidekick 4G handset on its air waves, along with the dual-core T-Mobile G2x handset. A couple of days ago, the carrier has started rolling out the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for T-Mobile G2x handset. W just came to know that T-Mobile has also started rolling out a software update for its Sidekick 4G handset from July 21st. Unfortunately, this is not the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update that we are looking for, but its just a minor and maintenance update, which brings a few bug fixes and improvements for the Sidekick 4G handsets.
According to T-mobile, the latest software update T839UVKG2 will “improve your experience with the device.” The build has also packed with various bug fixes, a set of enhancements based on customer feedback. T-Mobile Sidekick 4G users will be seeing the notification alert about this minor update on their screen panels. You can try to check the update availability on your handset by moving to Menu –> Settings –> Software Update –> Check Now –> Tap Ok. After installing the update successfully, the software version should be shown as T839UVKG2. You can check it out manually under the Android settings Menu –> Settings –> About Phone. There is no time frame set by T-Mobile for the completion of this software update roll-out, but we can say that it should reach all Sidekick 4G users for sure. There is no word about when the most-awaited Gingerbread rolls out for Sidekick 4G handset.
[Source: T-Mobile Support Forums]
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details