Could this be the first ever test picture taken with the iPhone 5’s 8 megapixel camera? Well, guys over Pocketnow think so.
The image shows a plate of delicious sushi and has been uploaded elsewhere in the web (probably at Flickr). Now, there is no direct clue to tell that it is indeed a picture taken using the iPhone 5. But on a indepth EXIF data analysis, one can easily conclude that the picture was taken with iPhone 4 but where the does the iPhone 5 come from then? Well, it’s in the specification of the picture resolution. The image has been cropped to 2235 x 2291 pixels (or 5.12 megapixels) but the original version is a larger one at 3264 x 2448 pixels (equivalent to approximately 8 megapixels). The focal length and aperture of the camera lens differ as well, as you can see in the below image. iPhone 4 camera’s focal length is 3.85mm and the aperture being 2.8. That’s not all, the image has been geotagged to 37.332167N, 122.030333W, which translates to 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA, where Apple’s HQ is located.
As we know that the iPhone 5 is expected to launch this October with an upgraded 8 megapixel camera (along with iPhone 4S), the picture could well have been taken by iPhone 5 as claimed. But again, take all this with a pinch of salt as always.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon