There it is folks. Verizon has stated rolling out a new software update for its Motorola Droid 3 handsets. The new firmware update brings the most awaited Google video chat, which is a feature that Google introduced in the Nexus S with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread OS. The update is also bringing a number of bug fixes. The update will get a new build number 5.6.890 for your Droid 3 handset. The update is being pushed over-the-air (OTA), but we’ve manual update instructions for you.
Download 5.6.890 Update File (hit the link) and follow the following instructions to finish the upgrade process.
# Download the needed file from the above link (weighing 57.58MB of size). It is a .rar file, move it to your PC and extract it.
# Drop the file named “Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip” on the root of your SD card.
# Turn off Droid 3 handset.
# Boot into recovery mode by holding X + Power buttons until you see Android logo.
# Now press and release both the Volume UP and Down key at the same time.
# Select “apply update from sdcard” option and tap Power button.
# Select the “Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip” file and press Power button.
# Let the process to perform the remaining process.
# Reboot the handset when prompted to do.
# Done. The upgrade process should be finished successfully now.
You can also force the new firmware update by heading over to Menu –> Settings –> System Updates > Download –> Install Now –> then tap the OK button and see if the new software version awaits you.
You can check out the long list of bug fixes here at this post.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon