Going well with the new Motorola Atrix 2 handset? It has been more than few weeks since AT&T has released the Motorola Atrix 2 handset. Well, you can root your Motorola Atrix 2 handset using the simple one-click-root method and manual method. XDA forum member Jimmy273 has achieved the root access successfully. The root method of the Atrix 2 has been translated from the root method of the Droid Bionic handset, that was originally created by p3droid over at the MyDroidWorld forums. This manual root was probably a little tricky for most of you, especially for those who own an Android phone for the first time, but there is a one-click root method is also available. If you’re clear on this risky and tricky procedure, and ready to go forward, follow the instructions provided here at below.
Instructions, courtesy of XDA Forums, are as follows:
Download the follow file: it contains the exploit, su, Superuser
Download exploit —> Exploit.zip (hit the link)
1) Unzip contents of folder to your Desktop
2) open a command terminal and navigate to the folder (cd Desktop/Exploit)
3) type the following commands
—> adb push zerg /data/local
—> adb push su /data/local
—> adb push Superuser.apk /data/local
—> adb shell
—> cd /data/local
—> chmod 777 zerg
4) Wait for the root to be gained
5) type the following commands
—> adb shell (only type this if you are no longer in shell@targa)
—> mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system
—> cat /data/local/su > /system/bin/su
—> cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
—> chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
—> chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
Windows Version One Click Method
Struggling with the manual rooting method? A 1-click easy root is also available. Both the manual and 1-click methods have been tested and work perfectly.
—> 1-click-exploit.zip (hit the link)
1.Extract the files from 1-click_exploit.zip.
2.On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
3.Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode. You can change your connection type through the notification bar once your are connected.
4.Make sure you go to Settings, Applications, and check Unknown sources if you haven’t done so already.
5.Click runme.bat while your phone is connected. Be patient and let the program do it’s thing. YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT! Do not be alarmed as this is normal. Your phone should now be rooted.
Below is a terminal screen showing the Atrix 2 (Codenamed Edison).
Source: XDA Developers
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details