Got the newly released shiny Motorola Droid RAZR phone and can’t wait to get it rooted? Well, a few days ago, the Motorola Droid RAZR handset already rooted ahead of the launch. Unfortunately, that method wasn’t appear to work on the recently released retail version. We already got a word that another one was in the works, and now the new root method is released. The full credit goes to Pieman13. It’s a handy tool to root your Motorola Droid RAZR handset in just 5 easy steps. Grab the file to from the link and follow the instructions of an easy 5-step guide provided here at bellow to root your new Droid RAZR handset.
Download: DooMLord_V2_Root.zip for Droid RAZR (Windows Only).
# Download the zip file form the above link and extract its contents to your PC.
# Download the Motorola USB Drivers from here (hit the link).
# You should install the Motorola USB drivers on your PC.
# On your Droid RAZR handset, turn on USB Debugging and check the box for Unknown Sources by heading over to Settings –> Applications –> Development.
# Connect Droid RAZR handset to the PC and select Charge Only option from notifications menu.
# Run the runme.bat file from the extracted zip file on your PC.
# Now follow the on-screen instructions. Your new RAZR phone should be rooted.
*Please note that a custom recovery or SBF file is yet to be released. So be sure to proceed to root your Motorola Droid RAZR handset and do it carefully. YOu just keep in mind that if your phone gets bricked, there aren’t any unbricking methods.
Source: Droid Forums
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon