Sony Ericsson has already confirmed that it will be rolling out the most awaited Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich OS for its entire Xperia 2011 line-up during March-May months of 2012. But, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be seeing any further firmware updates for your Xperia handsets till then. According to the PTCRB website, a new firmware update is being rolled out for a set of Sony Ericsson Xperia handsets.
The new software update brings a new build number 4.0.2.A.0.62 for Sony Ericsson Xperia arc, Xperia arc s, Xperia neo, Xperia neo v and Xperia Play handsets . This update seems to be a minor update, carrying a few minor bug fixes and you don’t need to expect new features along with it.
Users of the aforementioned Xperia handsets should be receivig OTA (Over-The-Air) notification alerts on their handsets, asking then to accept the new firmware update. Or else the users can force the update by heading over to
Menu –> Settings –> About Phone –> System Updates –>If Update found –> select Download button–> tap Install Now button –> Installation process should start down –> Let the upgrade process finish.
The version numbers of the Xperia arc, Xperia arc s, Xperia neo, Xperia neo v and Xperia Play handsets should be bumped to 4.0.2.A.0.62.
Why don’t you port the official Alpha Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for your Xperia handset.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details