Back in September 2010, Nokia initially launched the Nokia C7 handset and T-Mobile U.S. started selling it as Nokia Astound in last year. We already reported that the manufacturer has started rolling out the Nokia Belle update for all the Symbian Anna running devices including the Nokia C7 handset. If you are a Nokia Astound owner and eagerly awaiting for Nokia Belle update, we’ve some bad news for you. According to Nokia, the T-Mobile Astound handset won’t be upgraded with Nokia Belle OS. Nokia U.S. has officially confirmed on its Twitter feed that “Nokia Astound on T-Mobile will not be updated to Nokia Belle”.
The reason behind this decision is yet to be revealed out. Perhaps, Nokia is planning to bring more Windows Phones to the U.S. or else T-Mobile may want its customers to upgrade to the Nokia Lumia 710 handset, which is running Windows Phone 7.5 ‘Mango’ OS. This Saturday, T-Mobile is about start the Valentine’s Day Sale, offering all the 4G devices for free including the Nokia Lumia 710, Samsung Galaxy S II and all other high-end spec’d handsets.
We hope Nokia will change its decision and will roll out the Belle update for the T-Mobile astound handset very soon.
Hmm.. obvious target towards bringing Nokia Windows Phone devices in US. It’s sad that the last they’ll see of Symbian is Anna while the rest of the world enjoys Belle. Here is the tweet from Nokia:
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details