While every Android Android handset owner is eagerly waiting for the the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich build update, unfortunately some unlucky owners have to still stuck with Gingerbread version. AT&T branded Froyo OS powered Pantech Crossover owners can now start downloading the Gingerbread update now. Here is the full changelog of the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update for the Pantech Crossover handset:
New User Features
- Native support for SIP VoIP internet telephony.
- GTalk now supports Video chat.
- Updated user interface design with increased simplicity and speed.
- Improved virtual keyboard (Android Keyboard Only)
- Improved accuracy
- Improved text suggestion
- Support for voice input
- Enhanced Copy/Paste functionality, allowing users to select a word by press-hold, copy, and paste
- Download Manager App to easily manage downloaded files
- Improved Gmail application.
- Shadow animations for list scrolling.
- Additional Improvement
Improved power management
- Fixes two known bugs
- Enhancements for Game Development
- Additional Khronos standard such as OpenSL ES, EGL for better multimedia performance
- Concurrent Garbage Collector technology embedded to reduce lags in playing games
- Increased support for native development
AT&T Pantech Crossover owners are required to use the Pantech upgrade tool to upgrade the handset to with latest firmware update by plugging it to your Windows PC machine. Grab the required tool and follow the instructions provided here at below to install the Gingerbread update.
# Download the Pantech upgrade tool from here.
# Install the downloaded tool on your Windows OS running PC machine.
# Connect the Pantech Crossover handset to your PC and launch installed Pantech upgrade tool.
# Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the upgrade process process finishes successfully.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon