Motorola has released a pair of updates for the MOTOACTV Android-based sports watch. The last round of updates came in March with new features for golfers. The new updates, versions 6.12 and 6.13, come with most of the same features, but there is a confusing split based on whether or not your device already has the golf features included.
Motorola has started rolling out a couple of new software updates for the Android OS powered MOTOACTV fitness trackers. The updates bumps the software version up to 6.12 and 6.13 for the OG MotoActv and Golf edition of the MotoActv devices respectively. The new updates are carrying enhanced album listings, improved club recommendations and scoring for golf edition of the MotoActv devices.
Here’s the full changelog of the software update 6.12 and 6.13:
- # Improved calorie burn algorithm during cycling workout with heart rate monitor
- # Added Primary Activity selection during setup so your MOTOACTV is tailored to your primary sport
- # Improved watch performance after display wake up
- # Enhanced the way Album Lists are displayed
- # Improved connectivity with Wahoo BLE heart rate monitor
- # Improved Golf club recommendation by widening the distance range for MotoActv Golf edition
# Improved calculation for total score after a golf round.for MotoActv Golf edition
Both the 8GB and 16GB variants of the MotoActv Golf edition will be upgraded to 6.12 software version, while some 8GB MotoActv devices lack golf features but will work with the 6.13 update. As per Motorola, the updates MA 1.6.12 N8 & MA 1.6.12 N16 are being rolled out now for the U.S. variant of the 8GB and 16GB MotoActv devices, while the U.K. variants of the 8GB and 16GB MotoActv devices are getting MA 1.6.12 E8 & MA 1.6.12 E16 updates. Likewise, 16GB MotoActv variants are also receiving 4.57.97/4.58.97 software upgrades.
The users should connect the MotoActv device to the PC machine to get prompted by the notification alert asking you to download the update. If the update fails to reach your device, you can check for the update availability by heading over to DEVICE –> select MOTOCAST USB –> hit Device Upgrade button –> If you found the update –> Download it and follow the on-screen instructions to finish upgrade process successfully.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon