It was apparently leaked that Samsung is ready to unveil the next Galaxy smart phone, the Galaxy S IV, during the MWC 2013 which is schedule to take plate in February in the Spanish city of Barcelona. After the announcement Samsung Galaxy S 4 is expected to hit shelves globally in March 2013 i.e. within 1 month of its announcement. Accidentally or intentionally, the timeline was released just three days after rival Apple launched the iPhone 5, which received a mixed response from industry experts and consumers as it is probably lacking in innovative features.
Samsung wants to keep its one year product schedule and The Galaxy S4 will be the first to suit the strategy. The Galaxy S4 will find some external changes but the popular rectangular shape with rounded corner concept as S3 may be retained
Few expected changes in the new Galaxy S4 are:
• Compatible with Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks
• Will be powered by Samsung’s own Exynos quad core chips
• Guarantee on time delivery, output commitment and better pricing for mobile application processors
• Screen size increase from 4.8 to 5 inches
• Google’s Android OS (not sure of the version) and OLED display
But Samsung is yet to decide whether it will use flexible display technology for the upcoming Galaxy due to production problems faced by Samsung display.
However, the announcement of launching the new smart phone results in market analysts and experts viewing the Galaxy S4 as a “Challenge” to Samsung’s bitter rival Apple. Samsung’s edge in manufacturing will need further enlightenment after the Legal patent disputes go further on. The Galaxy S4 plans come amid increasing disputes between the technology giants in 50 different cases on four continents. Apple won a victory last month after a United States jury found the Korean firm copied key features of the iPhone and awarded Apple $1.05 billion in damages.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon