Regarding such a complaint rose through email by Alex (Black iPhone 5 lover and 9to5Mac reader), Apple’s Senior Vice President of Marketing Phil Schiller responded “Any aluminum product may scratch or chip with use, exposing its natural silver color” and “That is normal”. This seems that for Apple the scratch problem is normal and they might not be considering any good solution to reduce the easy scratch of the device.
And according to some durability tests, the black iPhone 5 tends to scratch much easier than other colored iPhone 5 and its predecessors such as glass-backed iPhone 4/4S.
Some buyers also have reported that the devices are coming with scratches and scrapes right out of the box. But SVP Schiller doesn’t make any comment on such complain of flaws presents from the get-go. These scratch issues are not good for the iPhone 5 owners as the device cost $650 off contract.
Your new iPhone 5 may be even dangerous in pockets, as pockets are the places for scratch-able keys and coins. So, you should think of buying a nice iPhone 5 case very soon else you know what will happen!
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details