For the Apple iPhone 5 users on Verizon, it is real good news that on Sunday an update has arrived to fix the cellular data use up even while the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
The update arrives after some of the iPhone 5 users posted a complaint with 8 pages thread to the Apple’s Support Communities webpage for the cellular data charging while connected to a Wi-Fi network. Among the users which have been facing this nasty problem, some of them believe that the problem actually deals with iOS 6. And also some of the Apple iPhone 4 and Apple iPhone 4S users have made the same complaint with data usage peaking during overnight hours. This problem seems to deal with other carriers also, as some AT&T users also made the same complaint after having updated their iPhone to the new iOS 6.
iPhone 5 users on Verizon Carrier are the only users that are receiving the update, and this update might be further coming to AT&T as well.
As reported, now iPhone 5 users on Verizon Carrier can connect to Wi-Fi network without the fear of cellular data usage when there is Wi-Fi Connection. For now it is not known whether Verizon will refund the unintentional charged data even though the data was not used.
To install the update follow the steps below:
1. Tap Settings > General > About
2. Wait for the following alert to appear:
3. Tap OK to install the update
4. Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see “slide to power off”
5. Slide to power off
6. After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on
It is important to restart your iPhone in order to finish the installation of the update. After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that “Verizon 13.1” is displayed.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details