Recently leaked models numbers GT-i9500 and GT-i9505 have been in the scanner of many. Giving the similarity in numbering with the popular Samsung Galaxy S III, GT-i9300, there have been speculation that the model numbers could be for the next flagship, Samsung Galaxy S IV and its LTE variant.
In another twist to the above story, another report suggest that Samsung has been using the GT-i9500 model number for its Samsung TIZEN developer phone. Hence the question is, will the next flagship from Samsung be running its own OS, TIZEN or the Google’s Android.
With the recent merger of the Bada OS to TIZEN, it is speculated that Samsung may be planning more for its own OS even though there is no word from the manufacturer as of now. Critics and experts suggest that with the current popularity and wider availability of Android, Samsung may not shift its focus to focus on a lesser developed and recognized OS for a highly speculated flagship smartphone.
So it is inevitable that Samsung will be releasing a new flagship with its own TIZEN OS, but it may or may not be the Samsung Galaxy S IV. Earlier it was expected that Samsung will be releasing a TIZEN phone in February next year, so we are expecting a debut in CES or MWC 2013.
Model: GT-I9505 (Probably LTE version)
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon