The Windows RT OS powered Surface tablet has already received a batch of firmware updates addressing some issues such as improved Wi-Fi reliability, improved connectivity and performance improvements. As part of its “Patch Tuesday” program, MSFT has started rolling out a new firmware update for its Surface RT tablet, bringing system improvements, security and non-security fixes.
Microsoft has provided the changelog for this minor update. The update is carrying system improvements to audio playback in Connected Standby, a bunch of unexplained security and non-security fixes and updates for Windows RT, as well as some more additional capabilities for handling firmware updates when the tablet is running on low battery.
Surface RT owners can check for the updates on their tablets – by swiping right side on the screen to pull up the Side Bar Menu –> now head into Settings –> Change PC Settings –> and hit “Check for Updates” button and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the upgrade installation process. The update weighs at around 89MB of size.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon