With the advancement of technology, manufacturers are needed to change their traditional pattern of design and development. The main reason is to keep the up with the competitor. Samsung could be a pioneer of change in terms of display panels.
According to DigiTimes, Samsung is working on new pixel layouts for its upcoming small sized AMOLED panels in order to improve resolution. They are working on developing hexagon and diamond-shaped pixel layouts for small size devices to increase the resolution above 440ppi. The devices using 440ppi are difficult to achieve using the current side-by-side layout. If the resolution is improved, you can’t find such kind of discomfort on your devices.
This upcoming panel will be made by using Laser-Induced Thermal Imaging (LITI) production process which is cheaper than Samsung’s current conventional Fine Metal Mask (FMM) process.
The upcoming hexagon and diamond shaped pixel layout will be packed on Samsung’s purported device, Galaxy S IV which is expected to be unveiled at a Special Mobile Unpacked event in March. It was rumored to be unveiled at MWC 2013 in Barcelona but laiet confirmed that it won’t happen. The device will become one of the highest resolution displays when comparing with other rivals’ products after packing this pixel layout.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- [Download] Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean Update 98.72.22 Now Seeding Out by Verizon