There is no argument that the newly announced smartphone from Samsung i.e. the Samsung Galaxy S4 is packed with high-end specs and solid hardware under the hood. Now, we bring you some information about the approximate retail value and cost to manufacture estimates of this high-end smartphone.
From the screenshot shown below, it has been confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is more expensive than its predecessor, Samsung Galaxy S III. It is reported that total Bill of materials (BOM) of the HSPA and LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 are $236(USD) and $233(USD) respectively. But the Samsung Galaxy S III has $204. It is further reported that the BOM is around 15 percent higher than the Galaxy S III. The 5-inch large HD display packed on the device with the resolution of 1920 x 1080 costs $75 per device but the 4.8-inch display of the Galaxy S III smartphone costs $65 only.
In terms of the pricing of the accelerometer, gyro, barometer, IR Gesture, temperature and humidity on the Galaxy S4, it costs $16 but it costs only $12.70 on the Samsung Galaxy S III. The cost of the HSPA +version of the device powered by Exynos 5 Octa processor is $30 and LTE version of the same device is packed with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor which costs $20 per device.
Samsung has announced that the approximate retail value of the device will be $650. Official pricing info for different carriers will be revealed some time in second quarter of this year.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details