Last month at the MWC 2013 event in Barcelona, Asus announced PadFone Infinity and Fonepad tablets officially. Asus has now announced the availability of the Fonepad tablet in Taiwan which can be pre-ordered at a retail price of NT$8,990 (US$302).
The tablet is packed with Intel Atom Z2420 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz, 1GB of RAM and PowerVR SGX540 GPU. The device with a 7-inch display with IPS screen of 1280 x 800 resolution is running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean mobile operating system. The tablet weighing around 340g has 196.4 x 120.1 x 10.4mm in dimension. In terms of connectivity, the device supports 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 3.5mm headphone jack and MicroUSB port. It features GPS with GLONASS, accelerometer, proximity, ambient light and e-compass sensors. In order to power the tablet, Asus packs 4270mAh battery.
Taiwanese carrier, Chunghwa Telecom will be offering the device for NT$990 with monthly payments of NT$850 on a two-year contract agreement with the carrier. The carrier will also offer the tablet for free with a monthly payment of NT$1,343.
In Europe, 16GB version of the Fonepad will be available in April for €220 which is around $287. The tablet is rumored to arrive in Malaysia sometime in May this year. We expect that the mobile manufacturer will offer the device in other regions as well at the very soonest.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details