Few hours ago, we reported that Samsung has announced a mid-range smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo in the UK which will be available in mid-May.
Today from a reliable source we have come to know that Samsung is reportedly preparing to launch a new mid-range smartphone which is packed with a 5.8-inch screen.
The upcoming smartphone’s panels will be supplied by a few Taiwan-based panel manufacturers, including Chunhwa Picture Tubes (CPT) and GiantPlus Technology. Orders of around one million panels are expected to be placed by the South Korean manufacturer in a month. It will be shipped starting from May or June.
Truly Optoelectronics, a China Based manufacturer has reportedly notified tremendous interest are shown to large-size handsets and the market is booming. A large number of 5.7-6.0 inch mobile products will be developed in the second half of this year and 6.5-inch products for 2014.
It is worth mentioning that the screen size of the expected budget friendly smartphone is equal to the newly announced Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 smartphone which is packed with a 5.8-inch qHD screen with TFT display with 540×960 pixels of resolution.
Further specs and official pricing info of the smartphone will be updated.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details