Apple seems to be preparing a thinner and lighter fifth generation iPad compared to the existing Apple iPad models by using an efficient LED backlight technology and new touch sensors.
Paul Semenza, an analyst at NPD DisplaySearch mentioned in an email that “It’s likely that part of the thinner/lighter design will be reducing the size of the LED backlight, partly by making the display more efficient and partly by using more efficient LEDs, and the other significant change that we feel is likely is a shift to a film-based touch sensor.”
The more efficient LED displays can either lead to a brighter display in the iPad 5 or it will help in reducing additional power consumption, leading to an increase in battery life. The manufacturer could change to a new system for touch sensing.
We already reported that a leaked picture showing a prototype back piece for the iPad 5 with a 9.7-inch display was spotted online and revealed that the image seems to be a prototype for an LTE version of the upcoming iPad 5. The iPad 5 will be thinner and lighter than the existing Apple iPad 4 and it will sport a slim bezel design. The screen resolution of the device will likely be 2048×1536 pixels with a quad-core Processor and 2GB of RAM.
The production of the upcoming Apple iPad 5 will be starting from July or August this year. So, it is expected that the device will likely be unveiled in the second half of Q3.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details