Sony will start rolling out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Xperia S smartphone. From a leaked roadmap of French carrier SFR, it has been confirmed that the Jelly Bean update for the device will be introduced sometime in May.
But earlier, Sony had promised to start the update by the end of March which didn’t happen. The smartphone was launched in February last year and it was powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The device currently runs Android 4.0 ICS.
Besides the Japanese manufacturer, Samsung is also preparing to introduce Jelly Bean flavor to Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone, which has also been confirmed from the leaked Jelly Bean update roadmap. Other different devices from several manufacturers are also being planned to get the Jelly Bean update. Click the source link to know further details.
After updating, some new features like Project Butter enhancements, Multi Window, improved keyboard, 2 Home screens mode, Customized notification Panel, new Nature UX interface, Page Buddy, Smart Rotation, Samsung’s own Cloud services, Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play, Google Now and more will likely be accessible to the users.
Samsung introduced the Jelly Bean update for the device in Taiwan and Hong Kong in February. Official announcement of the update for the carrier is expected soon.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details