Samsung has released kernel source code for a set of Samsung Galaxy S4 variants on its open source repository. You should note that this is actually the source code for version Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, which is the specific version that will ship on the Galaxy S4 handset. So, developers and tinkerers, you must be excited to take a look at the source if you are wishing to cook up some custom goodies for the Galaxy S4 handset.
The source code is now available for download through the Samsung open source repository for the GT-I9500, GT-I9505 (unlocked), and SGH-I337M (Virgin Mobile Canada) variants. In case you are wondering, the GT-I9500 is the variant powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, which is slated to release in the coming weeks. GT-I9505 is powered by Exynos-5 Octa-Core processor. However, the U.S. based Galaxy S4 variants will have their own individual kernel source codes. Hopefully, Samsung will also release those source codes very soon as soon as they hit U.S. shelves.
Kernel source code isn’t big deal for the average consumers. They can sit tight – and let the developers to swift through the kernel source code and keep your eye out for some new ROMs, as well as other tweaks coming your way in the coming months. It’s time for the custom ROMs flow. Hit up the appropriate links below to grab the Galaxy S4 kernel source code.
Source: Samsung Open Source
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details