Qualcomm has announced a new series of Snapdragon chips with clock speeds up to 2.5GHz, a quad-core processor and integrated multi-core GPUs for high performance graphics for mobile devices on the first day of the Mobile World Congress 2011.
The new series bearing model number AQP8064 with a clock speed of 2.5 GHz using the instruction set ARMv7, with a Quad-core Krait CPU and Adreno 320 GPU will be ready by early 2012. Qualcomm promises that this new CPU is 12x faster than the first-gen Snapdragons though it will use 75% less power.
The AQP8064 will be having an integrated quad-core GPU, Adreno 320 which will deliver high graphics performance of up to 15 times the original Adreno.
All the new chips are more than just CPUs, it will also have Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and FM radios built in. But the samples of this chipset will be sent to manufacturers only early next year, so we can expect it to take quite a long time while before we see this new chipset into our end user mobile devices.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details