Folks over the German Android website SmartDroid.de are saying that a member of Samsung Germany apparently confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 would be upgrading to Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS this March.
At present, Galaxy S i9000 is running with Android 2.2 Froyo and the owners of the handsets have already been frustrated with the slow roll-out of Android 2.2 updates. This must be good new for them as they might be getting Gingerbread on their handsets very soon and the upgrade is really worth it.
Recently, we’ve reported that Nexus One can be upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread now. So Samsung Galaxy S will be one of the first phones to officially receive the Gingerbread update with other two smartphones Nexus S and Nexus One.
It is still mysterious that which countries will receive the OS upgrade first. Hopefully they will be rolling it out in March.
Leave a comment
- [Download] Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR M Getting Maintenance Update 98.15.66
- [Download] Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 7.0 Plus Getting Maintenance Update XXMC3
- AT&T HTC One’s Bootloader Unlocked via HTCDev.com, Root Applied and CWM Recovery Installed
- [Download] Sprint’s Motorola Photon Q Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 9.8.2Q-122 Available Now
- ZTE Geek Full Specifications And Price Details