Samsung have started rolling out the most awaited Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Samsung Galaxy Tabs. It’ll be released in batches and currently all the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Tab Plus devices can get it. The update is being rolled out in Australia right now, but the update should start hitting all Tabs in other regions very soon.
Here’s the full list of the Samsung Galaxy Tabs that are being treated with a tasty Ice Cream Sandwich software package:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI GT-P6210
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WI-FI + 3G GT-P6200
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WI-FI GT-P6810
- Galaxy Tab 7.7 WI-FI + 3G GT-P6800
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 WI-FI GT-P7310
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 WI-FI + 3G GT-P7300
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 WI-FI GT-P7510
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 WI-FI + 3G GT-P7500
Unfortunately, the update isn’t rolling over-the-air. Users are required to connect their Galaxy Tabs to a PC and download the Android 4.0 ICS build using Kies software.