Apple started distributing iOS 6.0.1 update for the users and it is now available for download. It is just a minor update, bringing fixes to sort out the issues with horizontal lines over the keyboard of the iPhone 5, Wi-Fi reliability, exchange meetings and handset’s camera flash will work properly after the update. There won’t be many major differences in the user experience. Late last month, we first heard about Apple working on iOS 6.0.1, covering a number of bugs in the operating system. Apple is also rumored to be working on a big update of iOS 6, but we are not sure what particular changes it may be carrying.
Here’s the full changelog of the iOS 6.0.1 update:
- # Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air.
- # Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard.
- # Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off.
- # Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks.
- # Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
- # Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match.
- # Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen.
- # Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings.
Users need to remember that the iPhone 5 isn’t behaving well when receiving OTA update, so the users are required to download a fix for it before you proceed to grab the full update. iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPod Touch devices can update over the air (by hitting Settings app –> General –> Software Update) or through iTunes normally. Otherwise, you can grab the iOS 6.0.1 update from the direct download links of IPSW iOS 6.0.1 files provided here at belo
Download the required IPSW iOS 6.0.1 file from the above links and connect your iOS device to your PC –> Launch the device in iTunes/hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update” on Mac/ hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update” on Windows OS running PC –> Select the required IPSW file –> Now click “Choose” button –> and follow the onscreen instructions and finish the upgrading process successfully.