Apple has just launched new software updates for its Apple TV and HomePod devices. The tvOS 16.4.1 software is now available for Apple TV models, while the HomePod and HomePod mini can update to the 16.4.1 version of the HomePod software.
Last week, Apple released iOS 16.4.1, which included crucial security updates and bug fixes. However, updates for Apple TV and HomePod were not released at the time. Apple is now rolling out new software versions for both, starting with tvOS 16.4.1 and HomePod 16.4.1.
Apple has rolled out tvOS 16.4.1 and HomePod Software 16.4.1, with the build number 20L498. According to Apple’s release notes, the updates come with “performance and stability improvements.” These updates follow the recent release of iOS 16.4.1, which provided bug fixes and significant security patches. No release notes are provided for tvOS updates. However, it’s safe to assume that the tvOS update includes similar performance and stability enhancements.
The HomePod software is designed to install automatically on the device, unless the user chooses to disable the feature. However, users can also manually update their HomePod in the Home app by following the instructions provided in our HomePod update guide.
To manually update your HomePod software, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Home app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the icon with three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Home Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to find “Software Update” and tap on it.
- Check to see if there are any available updates for your HomePod.
- If an update is available, tap the “Install” button to start the update process.
- If you have multiple HomePods, all of them will be updated simultaneously.
If you prefer to disable automatic updates for your HomePod, you can toggle off the “Install Updates Automatically” option in the same “Software Update” menu.
To update to tvOS 16.4.1, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Select “System.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- If an update is available, click “Download and Install.”
If you have automatic software updates turned on, your Apple TV will update to tvOS 16.4.1 automatically.