Asus’ new hybrid Android device, the Padfone 2, is now getting a new firmware OTA update. Earlier this month, Asus has updated the Padfone 2 to build 10.4.9.6, after it got Jelly Bean update in December. The new update bumps the build number up to 10.4.11.3, while the Android version remains at version 4.1.1. The update is carrying improved stability, new camera firmware with optimized HDR and Automatic White Balance functions, improved navigation, improved volume settings, and it also add support for NFS games.
Here’s the full changelog of the update v10.4.11.13 for Padfone 2:
- Improved PadFone 2 & PadFone 2 Station performance and stability
- Improved 3G/Wi-Fi connection and stability
- Improved Garmin(TM) navigation system performance
- Upgraded the camera’s firmware and optimized the camera’s HDR and Automatic White Balance functions
- Optimized Launcher stability
- Support of Need for Speed (NFS) games
- Improved call volume and volume settings
- Optimized email fonts
- Optimized Contacts app performance
- Improved power management system
Padfone 2 owners should be able to pull the update manually by heading into Settings > About PadFone and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the upgrading process. Asus has also uploaded the full ROM of build 10.4.11.13 for WWE, TW, HK, and RU editions of the Padfone 2 device. Hit the link below to download the full ROM of build 10.4.11.13.