The major smartphone makers have started this year by releasing the latest Android builds for their devices. Today, we saw Xiaomi 12 getting its Android 13 based MIUI 14 update, and OnePlus also started rolling out the OxygenOS 13 for the Nord 2T handset a couple of days ago. Asus is the latest brand to join the list today. The manufacturer is now rolling out the Android 13 update for the Zenfone 8 series.
Rolling out as of today, the Asus Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 flip handsets are both getting their first major update of 2023, upgrading to the latest build of Android 13 goodies. XDA notes that Android 13 carries the version number 33.0210.0210.210 and is now seeding out for most regional variants of the Zenfone 8, especially for the owners in Japan. The update will hit the remaining regions in the coming days.
Along with all the Android 13 goodies, the update brings many revamped system apps, fixed the ability to block phone numbers, adopted Google’s “Wallpaper & style” menu from Pixels as well as themed icons. After upgrading to this latest build, the Quick Settings panel and some other UI elements will be adopting Android 13’s look and feel.
The update also adjusted the design of the dial pad and contact details space in the Phone app. Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size settings have been adjusted.
Check out the full changelog of the update here at below, provided by Asus:
- Upgraded system to Android 13.
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, Emergency Dialer, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, and so on.
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 13 design.
- Added the notification permission feature. You can adjust the permission of each apps in the Apps & notifications Settings.
- System clipboard added “Auto delete” and editor features.
- Added the QR code scanner option for the lock screen shortcut feature, and the Control from locked device feature in the Security & lock screen setting.
- According to Digital Wellbeing setting, system color scheme can be set to automatically switched by the bedtime option.
- Adjusted the Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size setting, and the width/length of navigation white bar when choosing gesture navigation.
- Changed to the Blocked numbers setting in Phone to stock behavior. You will not receive calls or texts from blocked numbers.
- Removed the Call duration setting.
- Replaced original Style settings to new Wallpaper & style settings – Remove shape option, support Themed icons, and the system color is reset to blue.
- Added link quick share feature in ASUS Launcher.
- Added Asus customization preferences setting. Allows applying the collection of commonly used customization settings with one click.
- Removed the ‘Calm’ and ‘Elegant’ options in the Power button menu style setting.
- Adjusted the design of the dialpad and contacts details page in the Phone app to display information more clearly.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 13 yet.
- Upgrade system modes to the latest version, including “High performance”, “Dynamic”, “Durable” and “Ultra durable.” Game Genie is also upgraded to the latest version, to allow quick switching of system modes in games
The droid 13 update 33.0210.0210.210 can also be side-loaded. Hit the appropriate link below to download the full update for your Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip phones.
- Asus Zenfone 8 – WW-33.0210.0210.210
- Asus Zenfone 8 Flip – WW-33.0210.0210.210
A couple of months ago, Asus has promised that Android 13 will roll out to the ROG Phone 6, 6D, and 6 Pro in Q1 of 2023, as well as to the ROG Phone 5 and 5s in Q2 of 2023.