Dell has today made its Aero smartphone available to the US market for just $99.99 with AT&T 2-year contract. If you do not want to have the contract then you need to pay $299.99 which is 3 times. Dell aims to make Aero, being one of the lightest multi-touch 3.5-inch Google Android-based smartphones be a hit. However there are certain discrepancies like Dell Aero runs on version 1.5 of the Android operating system. Dell has not notified that any upgrade to Android 2.0 is going to happen.
Today at a press release, Ron Garriques, president of the Dell Communication Solution said “The Dell Aero is built with a focus on style and performance to help people find new ways to connect with friends and express themselves socially supported by the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network.”
Dell Aero may not be one of the most exciting Android Smartphone available, yet we will have to see how it performs as it has claimed that it is heavily customized with additional features including handwriting recognition and integrated Facebook for social network lovers, You can check out some of the specifications and features below.
Check Out The Dell Aero Features:
- * One of the lightest Android smartphones in the U.S.
- * Experience YouTube and other Flash content in nHD
- * 5-megapixel camera with 8x zoom, flash, dedicated camera key and advanced shooting and editing capabilities
- * Connect with friends with one-touch access to social networks
- * Wi-Fi access at more than 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots with qualifying AT&T service plan
- * 3.5-inch (640 x 360p) capacitive multi-touch display with pinch-to-zoom functionality
- * Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- * Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900/2100 MHz)
- * WiFi + Bluetooth
- * 2 GB on board user accessible Micro SD with expandable memory available up to 32 GB
- * Full HTML Browser with Adobe Flashlite
- * GPS/A-GPS navigation
- * POP, IMAP, Webmail and Microsoft Active Sync E-mail