Owners of the AT&T branded Nokia Lumia 900 in the United States are getting a little present today. An upgraded version of the Windows Phone OS is coming to your devices. NokiaCareUS has announced via Twitter that they have begun rolling out the Windows Phone 7.8 update for AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 handset. It’s been a long time waiting, hasn’t it AT&T L900 owners? You’ve been watching WP7.8 update roll out to Lumia 900s across the globe over the last few months.
The WP7.8 update is going over Microsoft’s Zune program and it brings new Start screen, resizable tiles, a set of 20 new theme colors, lock screen improvements and functionality fixes. After the update, the OS version bumps up to 7.10.8862.144 and the new Firmware revision number will be 2175.2307.8862.13100.
Here’s the full changelog of the Wp7.8 update for AT&T Lumia 900:
- New start screen experience with resizable tiles: to change the size, tap and hold the live tile
- Theme colors added
- Lock screen improvements: Bing photo of the day as wallpaper, and accidental input protection for the security code
- Operating system version 7.10.8862.144
- Fix for functionality issues with Live Tiles, such as Live Tiles not updating
- After the update, check out Nokia Collection in Marketplace for new or updated Nokia apps
Start mashing that update button, folks.
Source: Nokia Care US