If you’re a AT&T customer carrying the mid-range spec’d Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro phone, you should start hitting the Software Update button in your handset’s Settings menu. The handset’s software page has been updated with information about handset’s new firmware update, that brings an OTA Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build starting yesterday. The update bumps the build number up to JRO03L.I547UCBLL1 from from I547UCALI3 and it carries the new baseband version I547UCBLL1.
Along with the Jelly Bean OS version, Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-i547 users will be getting Google Now, widget organization, camera enhancements, pop up play update and many more. Here’s the full changelog of the Android 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Rugby Pro:
- Camera enhancements: New live camera and camcorder filters offer a range of camera effects, pause and resume while recording a video
- Pop Up Play update: Easily resize or pause the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window.
- Easy mode: A simplified user experience option for first time smartphone users.
- Blocking mode: Disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms, and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
- Improved usability: Multiple keyboard options with the addition of the Swype keyboard.
What to expect after the update
- Bluetooth: Paired Bluetooth devices will be removed. Please pair your device after the update by clicking here.
- Acces Point Name (APN) reconfiguration: User created or custom APN’s will be erased, and has to be reconfigured after the update. For more information on custom APN’s, please contact your internal IT department.
New Features and improvements:
- Home screen mode is added.
- Swype is added
- Music Hub is added.
- Setting menu is modified.
- Quick panel UI is updated.
- Facebook support is updated.
You can grab the update either via Over-The-Air (try to check the update by hitting Setting –> software Update –> Check Now) or by Samsung’s Kies desktop program (download it from here). Instructions for updating your Galaxy Rugby Pro handset, can be found at Samsung and AT&T’s support webpages.