Almost all of the still supported high-end and mid-range Samsung phones have been upgraded to Android 13 update globally. Now, Samsung is providing a bit of pre-new year joy to the Indians. Several Galaxy M and Galaxy F series of smartphones are now seeing the love of the Android 13 based One UI 5.0 update.
For builds to be on the lookout for on your handset:
In late last month, Samsung has revealed that it will roll out Android 13 One UI 5 update over 50 smartphones and 11 tablets for the Indian market in the coming weeks.
One UI 5.0 is a solid upgrade from One UI 4, and you’ll find:
- new stackable widgets with a “fresh, new look and feel”
- addition of simpler app icons
- Emoji pairs deletion, new lock screen editing, refined notifications
- a new pop-up call display
- split-screen and pop-up views
- a convenient way to extract text from images
- you can trigger a sequence of actions based on activities
- Gallery app improvements
- new security and privacy dashboard
- video wallpapers, 16 colour themes based on wallpaper
- integrated filters in the camera
- redesigned menu settings for ringtone volume and vibration intensities
- Object Eraser tool (only for select Galaxy M series of phones) to get rid of unwanted people, objects, shadows, and reflections in images
- Photo Remaster improves the sharpness of vintage photographs
.. and many more changes and additions. This update also includes the security patch update of November 2022.
For Galaxy F23 5G, the update is arriving today, and I’ve already installed it on my device. Many users are also reporting that update is now rolling out for the Galaxy M53, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M33, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M32 and Galaxy M13 5G. For any of the Galaxy F or Galaxy M owners, head into Settings > System updates to check for the update.