Samsung is currently busy generating hype for its upcoming Galaxy flagship: the Galaxy S23 series, and we’re only less than two weeks away from the phones finally hitting store shelves. While Samsung has so far kept the phone’s specs under wrap, a new leak by WinFuture.de has detailed full specifications of the Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+ phones.
WinFuture has published the entire specs of the Galaxy S23, indicating it would feature a 6.1-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution and outputs a 48-120Hz variable refresh rate, HDR10+, while it gets protected by the latest Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection. Samsung has equipped an ultrasonic fingerprint reader underneath the display. It measures 7.6mm thin, while carrying the similar dimensions of its predecessor.
The rear of the device has a triple-camera setup consisting of a50MP primary camera with OIS, a 12MP ultrawide camera, and a 10MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom. These rear cameras will help you to record up to 8K videos at 30fps and 4K videos at up to 60fps. As for the selfie camera, Samsung has included a brand new 12MP F2.2 shooter in the punch-hole. The selfie camera can record up to 4K 60fps HDR10+ videos, and it is also expecetd to feature dual-pixel autofocus.
Qualcomm’s latest and fastest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2 chip would be ticking inside the phone. The chipset is paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage.
Other features are including stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, an IP68 rating, 5G, dual-SIM card slot + eSIM, GPS, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, UWB (only on Galaxy S23+), NFC, and a USB 3.2 Type-C port. Under the hood, there’s a 3,900mAh battery and is capable of up to 25W fast wired charging speeds. It also supports 10W wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging.
According to the source, the Galaxy S23+ sports a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution. Just like the vanilla Galaxy S23, this device also has a 48-120Hz variable refresh rate, HDR10+, and Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection. Inside, it is running on the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2 processor with 8GB RAM. Storage options will start from 128GB on the entry-level model, with 256GB and 512GB being another options.
The Galaxy S23+ will have te similar camera setup of the vanilla Glaaxy S23 on both front rear sides. The phone will seemingly be powered by a 4,700mAh battery and support 45W charging speeds. There’s also mention of 10W wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging. Both the Galaxy S23 and S23+ phones also feature Samsung Knox, Samsung DeX
Samsung will also announce Android 13-based One UI 5.1 announced alongside the Galaxy S23 series of phones on February 1st.
According to the source, Samsung is considering to offer free storage upgrades to those who pre-order a Galaxy S23 series phone – you can get a 256GB version of the phone for the price of the 128GB version and a 512GB version of the phone for the price of the 256GB variant. Both phones will be sold in Black, Cotton, Green, Purple colors. Samsung is already offering a $50 or up to $100 in-store credit if you pre-reserve any Galaxy S23 model before the launch.
Full specs recap of the Galaxy S23 and S23+:
- Galaxy S23: 6.1-inch FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1750 nits brightness, 425 PPI, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- Galaxy S23+: 6.6-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1750 nits brightness, 393 PPI, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB/256GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with One UI 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water resistant (IP68)
- Galaxy S23 Dimensions: 146.3 x 70.9 x 7.6mm; Weight: 167g
- Galaxy S23+ Dimensions: 157.8×76.2×7.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, UWB (S23+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- Galaxy S23: 3900mAh battery with 25W fast charging support, Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare
- Galaxy S23+: 4700mAh battery with support for 45W fast charging suport, Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare