Earlier this month, the One UI 5.1 update reached the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 devices. However, back then, the update was only made available for the unlocked variants of the devices in the European and Asian regions. Today, the Korean manufacturer is expanding the One UI 5.1 upgrade to the unlocked variants of the Galaxy Z Fold 4 in the US.
The latest software update for the Galaxy Z Fold 4’s unlocked US version upgrades the firmware version to F936U1UEU1CWAC. Apart from One UI 5.1’s new features, the new software also brings the February 2023 security patch that fixes plenty of security vulnerabilities. The update is currently available on AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, C Spire, and US Cellular networks. Most of the carrier-locked Galaxy Z Fold 4 units in the US should get the update in the coming days.
The update also brings the February 2023 security patch that fixes 48 security vulnerabilities fixed by Google, while Samsung fixed the six vulnerabilities. The One UI 5.1 update brings new widgets, improvements to the gallery, connectivity, DeX mode, as well as enhancements to Camera and Gallery, AR Zone, AR Emoji. Check out some other new additions and enhanced features:
- Easy to adjust the colour tone for selfies
- Quick access to Expert RAW
- Easy to share photos with family members using the shared family album
- Remastering automatically removes shadows and reflections to enhance the texture of photos
- View pictures or videos in the gallery and swipe to view information,
- Search for multiple people or subjects at the same time
- Choose where to save screenshots
- Use 3 emoji in the AR Emoji camera
- Resize doodles and move or erase parts where you use the brush on the AR Doodle home screen.
Whenever the update becomes available for your Galaxy Z Fold 4, you will receive a notification about it. However, if you miss the alert about the latest software update, you can try checking for it manually by heading to Settings >> Software update and tap on Download and install.