Along with the Honor Pad V8 Pro tablet’s announcement, Honor also launched its newest member of the Honor 80 family of smartphones. The new Honor 80 GT resembles much closer to the Honor 80 Pro. The devices comes packed with a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, offering OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate for your viewing pleasure.
Inside, it has got Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset which is paired with either 12GB or 16GB of RAM with 256GB UFS 3.0 storage. It features a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED panel with 1080 x 2400px resolution offering 120Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color depth, 100% DCI-P3, and 1,400 nits peak brightness.
In the camera department, Honor included 54MP main camera (Sony IMX800), 8MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro camera on the back side. For selfies and video calling, there is also 16MP shooter. The entire hood will be running using a 4,800mAh battery 0onboard, which support for 66W fast charging speeds. The device ships with the outdated Android 12 OS based Magic UI 7.0 on top.
Honor claims the 80 GT is a gaming Android phone, which has a large 4,386mm2 bionic vapor chamber for improved cooling and ultra-dense copper mesh woven with small 1415 copper wires. There is also a 74mm graphene sheet, and AI intelligent thermal management system.
Here is a quick recap of the Honor 80 GT specs:
- 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED 2400×1080 pixels display
- 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit 1.07 billion colors
up to 1400 nits brightness, 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform SoC clocked at 3GHz
- Adreno 730 GPU
- Android 12 OS based MagicOS UI 7.0
- Rear Cams: 54MP with IMX800 sensor + f/1.9, 8MP ultra-wide + f/2.2, 2MP macro + f/2.4
- 16MP front-facing camera
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM + 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4800mAh battery with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
The Honor 80 GT is now being sold in three colors – Black, Blue and White. The 12GBRAM+256GB version costs CNY 3,299 ($475), whereas the 16GBRAM+256GB variant is priced at CNY 3,599 ($520).