Honor today unveiled the Magic5 Ultimate. At an event held in China the company introduced the Honor5 series and added this special edition for the local market. Under the posh leather-bound exterior, the Magic5 Ultimate is actually a maxed-out 16/512GB Honor Magic5 Pro. Honor recently launched the standard Honor Magic 5 and the top-tier Honor Magic 5 Pro, showcasing them at MWC 2023 expo in Barcelona. These new devices have generated a lot of buzz among tech enthusiasts and are expected to make a significant impact in the smartphone market.
The device features an identical 6.81-inch OLED LTPO Adaptive Dynamic Refresh Rate screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC as the Honor Magic 5 Pro. However, it comes with a nano-ceramic curved glass on the front that enhances drop resistance by 10 times.
The Honor Magic5 Ultimate ships in Elegant Black or Burning Orange, both in vegan leather trim, with a premium Montblanc Bespoke leather case in the retail package. The Ultimate ships included with USB-C headphones in the package, unlike the other members of the series.
On the opposite side, octagonal-shaped rear camera design houses the 50MP triple camera – a 23mm f/1.6 wide unit with a custom 1/1.12″ sensor, a 90mm 3.5x periscope zoom, and a 13mm ultrawide with autofocus and macro capabilities. There are two camera sensors on the front – a wider-than-usual 12MP selfie camera, and a depth sensor.
Additionally, the device is equipped with HONOR’s self-developed C1 RF enhancement chip that boosts mobile reception by 35%, increases Wi-Fi speed by up to 200%, and reduces delay by up to 90%, making it perfect for use in underground garages, shopping malls, subways, and other areas.
The device packs a much larger 5,450mAh battery which has noteworthy features compared to the 5,100mAh battery in the Pro model. Honor claims the use of a “Qinghai Lake” battery that has a silicon carbon anode, offering a 12.8% higher energy density compared to lithium batteries.
Here’s the full recap of Honor Magic 5 Ultimate specs:
- 6.81-inch FHD+ (1312×2848 pixels) 120Hz LTPO (1-120Hz) Quad-Curved OLED Floating Screen with 19.54:9 Aspect Ratio; HDR10+, IMAX Enhanced Certified, 2160Hz High-Frequency PWM Dimming, nano ceramic glass
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 16GB LPDDr5X RAM, 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Magic UI 7.1 (Based on Android 13)
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Wide Main Camera (f/1.6)+50MP +50MP Ultra Wide Camera (f/2.0)+50MP+Periscope Telephoto Camera (f/3.0, 3.5x Optical Zoom, 100x Digital Zoom, OIS); Support for 4K video recording; Rear single LED flash
- Front Cameras: 12MP Front Camera + 3D Depth Camera which supports 3D face unlock; Support 4K (3840×2160) video recording
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Dimensions: 162.9×76.7×8.77mm; Weight: 217g
- Dual Stereo Speakers with DTS:X Ultra sound effects
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / Galileo, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5450mAh (typical) battery with 66W wired and 50W wireless HONOR SuperCharge Support
Interested users can order the Honor Magic5 Ultimate in China right now for CNY 6,699 (€908, INR79,155, as per the current market conversion rates). Shipments are expected to begin on March 20.