The Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich IMM76L update has begun rolling out for the Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G tablet on June 4th a small group of testers. According to the reports, the update is now rolling out for everyone. But, most of the users haven’t ben prompted by the ICS update notifications yet and they may have to wait longer than others to grab the new update.
Here’s a little trick letting the users to force the Android 4.0.4 update on Xoom 4G:
- # Navigate to Settings/Apps/All,
- # Locate Google Services Framework,
- # Force stop the application and press “Clear data,”
- # Return to Settings and navigate to About phone/System update,
- # Press “Check now.”
- # That’s it. This process should trigger the update.
This is the same trick first used on Samsung Galaxy Nexus to force the Android 4.0.4 ICS IMM76K update. You can also grab the update file IMM76L-from-HLK75H.2a903016.zip for Xoom 4G from here and head over to this post for installation instructions. The IMM76L build brings device stability, network connectivity, and bug squashing and other ICS goodies for Xoom tablet.