Back in September, Verizon has upgraded the Froyo powered HTC Droid Incredible 2 handset with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread OS. The carrier is now set to roll out a new firmware update for the Droid Incredible 2 handset, carrying security enhancements, Airplane video playback, new clock features and much more. The update will bring the build number 5.10.605.9 for the HTC Droid Incredible 2 handset. According posted to a couple of pdf files posted on Verizon’s support page for the smartphone, the new firmware update 5.10.605.9 packs the following the full list of the enhancements and bug fixes.
- # Addition of Google BT/DigiNoTar security patch.
- # Addition of Google security page for upgrading libpng to 1.2.46.
- # Addition of Wi-Fi password security patch.
# Improvements to clock and alarm features
# Support for local video playback when in Airplane Mode
- # Addition of the 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) support
- # The “Disable While Roaming” section works accurately when roaming in Canada.
- # Updated Sync & Connect configuration to enable Push e-mail sync during off-peak hours.
The owners of the HTC Droid Incredible 2 handsets should see the notification of the latest OTA firmware update asking to tap “OK” button on their display panels. If you haven’t seen the notification on your handset just yet, then you can always initiate it and down the 29.335MB update by checking for it manually by doing so under the Android settings menu, by having a proper Wi-Fi connection. For this you need to head over to Menu –> Settings –> Software Update –> Check Now –> and tap Restart & Install button. This work should force the update to come your way, and the update downloading and installation process should start now. After the completion of installation of the update, the software version will be shown as 5.10.605.9.
Don’t forget to give us a shout in the comments below and let us know how the new firmware update is working for you.