T-Mobile has brought some slightly great news for all the HTC Sensation 4G users across the United States. Earlier this month, the carrier alerted their Sensation 4G users that the ICS update would be available “very soon.” Today, T-Mobile has update its support pages for this handset. According to the support page, the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update is all set to arrive for the Sensation 4G handsets on May 16th. HTC Amaze 4G users can also see that the company is all set to roll the ICS update within the following weeks.
The update will also bring HTC Sense 3.6 UI goodies, a set of bug fixes, as well as some enhancements, while the update also bumps the software version up to 3.32.531.14710RD. Here’s the full changelog of the Android 4.0.3 ICS update for the HTC Sensation 4G handsets.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- Manual update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.3 / Software version 1.50.531.1, 1.29.531.2, or 1.45.531.1
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection
The Amaze 4G handset will be also getting the same build with exact same chagelog.