Apple has seeded its second, developer preview-build of Mac OS X Lion (10.7) to developers, which is having the build number 11A419. The Lion preview is available to Mac Developer Program members via the Mac App Store or else can log into the Apple developer portal — developer.apple.com.
The next generation desktop operating system features many elements from its iOS mobile operating system, including the best ideas from iPad and brings them back to the Mac for the eighth major release Apple’s OS. Also features features Launchpad – a new home for all the Mac apps, Mission Control – an innovative new view of everything running on your Mac, New Multi-Touch gestures and fluid animations.
Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Features:
- # A new version of Mail, with an elegant, widescreen layout inspired by the iPad; Conversations, which automatically groups related messages into one easy to read timeline; more powerful search; and support for Microsoft Exchange 2010
- # AirDrop, a remarkably simple way to copy files wirelessly from one Mac to another with no setup;
- Versions, which automatically saves successive versions of your document as you create it, and gives you an easy way to browse, edit and even revert to previous versions;
- # Resume, which conveniently brings your apps back exactly how you left them when you restart your Mac or quit and relaunch an app;
- # Auto Save, which automatically saves your documents as you work;
- # The all new FileVault, that provides high performance full disk encryption for local and external drives, and the ability to wipe data from your Mac instantaneously;
- # Mac OS X Lion Server, which makes setting up a server easier than ever and adds support for managing Mac OS X Lion, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
You can download Mac OS X Lion (10.7) Build 2 from here at Apple Developer Portal (hit the link), which is weighing around 3.35GB of size. Users beed to sign-in to the portal.