If you happen to own an HTC Thunderbolt handset, there’s a new firmware update is being tested by the Big Red network’s staff. After a long wait, Verizon has rolled out the long awaited Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Thunderbolt handset earlier this year. This handset is now destined to get a new software update in the coming days. On its support website, Verizon has posed the details regarding the upcoming software update for the device.
This is just a minor update coming in at just 19.3MB in size and it will bring the Thunderbolt device up to build 7.02.605.10, carrying some improvements to handful of features. Here’s the full changelof of the update:
- Microphone now works with HAC enabled
- HTC Watch now shows titles available for viewing or purchase
- Amber alerts are now visible
- Text messaging app has been improved
- Improvements to Yahoo and Microsoft Exchange Email Connectivity
After ICS update, most of the Thunderbolt owners are reporting that their phones are ridiculously slow and laggy. Hopefully, this update will fix those issues and bring a much better experience for the Thunderbolt owners.
Source: Verizon Wireless