A couple of weeks ago, we already reported that Finnish mobile maker has started rolling out a firmware update 1600.2487.8107.12070 for the Nokia Lumia 800 handsets in the Singapore. We also expected the rest of Lumia 800 users would get their updates. It looks like, the update is being pushed out now in the other regions as well. According to the users’ reports, the firmware update 12070 is now rolling out in the U.S. and U.K. for the unlocked Nokia Lumia 800 handsets.
Here’s the changelog of the 12070 firmware update for the Nokia Lumia 800 handset:
- # Improvements for Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance.
- # Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen.
- # Improved bass in audio performance.
- # Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels.
- # Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending issues.
To grab the new firmware update 1600.2487.8107.12070, you need connect your Lumia 800 handset to a PC machine and launch Zune software. The tool will automatically notify you about the update availability of the update is ready for your handset in your region. Accept the update and and follow the on-screen instructions till the upgrade process finishes successfully. If the update is yet to reach your handset, you can just wait until we hear more about the update’s rollout,