Good news, OnePlus 9RT users in India. OnePlus has started rolling out the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta firmware for the OnePlus 9RT handset, and it comes with a handful of bug fixes, improvements, and a bunch of new features. The update is currently pushing out in India only.
This beta update also brings Aquamorphic Design to the 9RT. It optimizes UI layers for an enhanced visual experience. It lets you add large folders to the Home screen, and it adds a new type of Always-On display to show live information about music and more.
According to OnePlus, the following has been improved and fixed:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps).
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
OnePlus has been testing its flavor of Android 13 based OxygenOS, for about four months already across its latest flagship phones. If you are interested in testing this beta on your OnePlus 9rt phone, You must need to know that beta versions are never as stable as final stable builds, so it is best avoided on your handset as you could run into bugs or other issues.
Still interested? Then please make sure your 9RT is running the latest OxygenOS 12 version (C.07) and have at least 30% battery and also have 5.5 GB of free storage before upgrading to the beta version.