Alongside the OnePlus 11 global variant, OnePlus Pad tablet, and OnePlus 11R today, the manufacturer has also announced their latest high-end true wireless earbuds – OnePlus Buds 2 Pro series, with a handful of standalone features including Spatial audio, Dynaudio tuning, Adaptive noise cancelation, and much more.
The second-generation earbuds from OnePlus will come in two models – one is the standard model, another one is a slightly cheaper version of standard earbuds, called OnePlus Buds Pro 2R, which is only meant for Indian markets, carrying almost the same specs as the standard Buds Pro 2.
The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 go up for pre-order February 7 (today) in several markets including the US, and India. They will arrive on February 16. They come in Obsidian Black or Arbor Green and can be had for $179 through Amazon or OnePlus.com in the US. Indian customers have to pay ₹9,999 for the OnePlus Buds Pro 2R, and ₹11,999 for the standard Buds Pro 2.
As we mentioned above, the OnePlus buds 2 Pro supports spatial audio, bringing you Dolby Head Tracking, multi-dimensional sound and a wild surround-sound experience on the OnePlus 11, and enables 3D audio effect when you turn your head in apps like YouTube and Disney+. It’s worth mentioning that the cheaper 2R model doesn’t arrive with the head tracking feature. OnePlus claims Hans Zimmer tuned the equalizer in these buds, also provided his own “Soundscape” setting and “signature taste and musical styles.” This feature will be available this February via OTA update, said the company.
The pair also feature 54ms low latency, Danish speaker maker Dynaudio and have MelodyBoost 11mm+6mm dual drivers to give you “deeper, fuller, and more texture dynamic bass, as well as pristine vocals.” They also support LHDC 4.0, Bluetooth 5.3, and dual connection. Each bud has clicky for controls, in-ear detection, a high-res mode, and you can tap on the buds and take a picture with your phone.
Full specs recap of the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 and Pro 2R specifications
- Bluetooth 5.3 (LHDC 5.0/AAC/SBC/LC3) to connect to Android and iOS devices, Dolby Atmos, Spatial audio (OnePlus 11 and OnePlus 11R at launch) with head tracking (Pro 2 only), Google Fast Pair
- OnePlus Audio ID 2.0 personalized audio
- 11 mm dynamic driver + 6 mm planar diaphragm driver; Speaker sensitivity: 108db ± 1.5dB @1kHz; Frequency response range: 10Hz ~ 40kHz
- Pressure-sensitive controls
- Dual microphones for active noise cancellation, Triple-Microphone for call noise cancellation + Anti-Wind design
- 54ms ultra-low latency gaming
- Zen mode Air plays white noise to keep you focused
- Default equalizer (EQ) and three customized EQs – Bold, Serenade, and Bass co-tuned with Dynaudio
- Water resistant (IP55) for the Earphone, IPX4 for the case
- Dual Connections and Easy Switching Between Various Devices (OxygenOS 11.0 and later phones)
- Cervical spine health function (To be added in update)
- Weight: 4.9g for each headset; 47.3g for the case
- 60mAh battery offers 9 (AAC) / 6h (AAC + ANC) / 5.5h (LHDC + ANC) of standalone music playback, 520mAh battery on the case offers 39h (AAC) / (25h with ANC) battery life, Qi wireless charging case (Pro 2 only), fast charging offers up to 7 hours (earphone + case) / 3h (standalone) music playback on a 10-minute charge
The Buds Pro 2R will offer 39 hours of total battery life with the charging case with the OnePlus Buds Pro 2. The standard Ear Buds Pro 2 alone are supposed to last 9 hours of usage with ANC disabled and with the feature on, the playtime will be downgraded to 6 hours.