In late April this year, OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite was launched with the Android 12 OS. Despite being launched with mi-range specifications, it is still a great Android phone. Finally, OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite owners are starting to receive the much awaited Oxygen OS 13 update based on Android 13, after a month of beta testing.
Oxygen OS 13 brings the Android 13 goodness we’ve been talking about, but with a OnePlus coat of paint on top. OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite users have a lot to look forward to. The update itself, weighing in at 4.50 GB and carries the version number CPH2381_11_C.25.
Android 13 based OxygenOS13 update brings an Aquamorphic Design, a host of new widgets, a new font, improvements to the Always-On Display, personalization options, bug fixes, and optimizations, and much more. The fonts have also been optimized by OnePlus in order to improve visual comfort and readability. The latest build also carries the December security patch.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
If you own a OnePlus Nord 2 CE Lite, do check in your settings for the update but keep in mind that the OTA update is currently available only to Indian users, and it should be available to global versions of the phone in the coming days. If you can’t wait for the OTA rollout, you can manually install the update from here
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite
- India (CPH2381_11_C.25)
Source: OnePlus Community